This research specifically aims to evaluate the influence of directly and indirectly internal business environments on the marketing strategy and marketing performance of the retail industry in the city of Bandung. The population in this study amounted to 442 minimarkets with the formula Slovin to determine the sample, obtained 82 samples to be researched. The methods in this study use descriptive and vermicular methods. The results in a partial internal environment have an influence on the marketing strategy of retail industry minimarket Bandung and marketing strategy also has an influence on the marketing performance of the retail industry minimarket Bandung City. Simultaneous testing found that the internal environment and marketing strategy had a significant influence on the marketing performance of retail industry minimarket Bandung with great influence 58.6% The remaining 41.4% influenced By other factors beyond this research. This research also finds indirectly internal environment also has a significant influence on the marketing strategy of the retail industry minimarket Bandung in a positive direction. So the ability to understand the internal environmental conditions well will help the accuracy in decision-making strategies and impact on the marketing performance improvement of the retail industry minimarket Bandung.
Assauri, S. (2013). Marketing Management. Jakarta: The Press Eagle
Baker, W. E., & Sinkula, J. M. (2005). Environmental marketing strategy and firm performance: Effects on new product performance and market share. Journal of the academy of marketing science, 33(4), 461-475.
Contractor, F. J., Dangol, R., Nuruzzaman, N., & Raghunath, S. (2020). How do country regulations and business environment impact foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows?. International Business Review, 29(2), 101640.
De Fano, A., Leshem, R., & Ben-Soussan, T. D. (2019). Creating an internal environment of cognitive and psycho-emotional well-being through an external movement-based environment: an overview of Quadrato Motor Training. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(12), 2160.
Gaganis, C., Pasiouras, F., & Voulgari, F. (2019). Culture, business environment and SMEs' profitability: Evidence from European Countries. Economic Modelling, 78, 275-292.
Kotler, P., & Keller, K. L. (2016). Marketing Management, England: Pearson Educationn Limited.
Miles, R. E., Snow, C. C., & Pfeffer, J. (1974). Organization‐environment: concepts and issues. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 13(3), 244-264.
Morgan, N. A., Whitler, K. A., Feng, H., & Chari, S. (2019). Research in marketing strategy. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 47(1), 4-29.
Riyanto, S. (2018). Analysis of the impact of Internal and external environment on competing excellence and performance of Small Medium enterprises (SMES) in Madiun. Journal of Business Management and innovation, 5(3), 159-168.
Robin, D. P., & Reidenbach, R. E. (1987). Social responsibility, ethics, and marketing strategy: Closing the gap between concept and application. Journal of marketing, 51(1), 44-58.
Sucitro, R. (2013). The effect of marketing environment on marketing performance through marketing strategy on laundry services business in Surabaya. Magister Thesis, Widya Mandala Catholic University Surabaya.
Sugiyono. (2016). Quantitative research method, qualitative and R&D. Bandung: PT alphabet
Tambajong, G. (2013). Bauran Pemasaran Pengaruhnya Terhadap Penjualan Sepeda Motor Yamaha Di PT. Sarana Niaga Megah Kerta Manado. Jurnal EMBA: Jurnal Riset Ekonomi, Manajemen, Bisnis dan Akuntansi, 1(3), 1291-1301.
Tengtarto, J. A. G. (2020). Influences Of Internal Environment, External Environment, Business Ethics And Entrepreneurship Toward Business Performances Through Differentiation Strategies And Competing Superiorities In Small Industries In Surabaya City. Archives of Business Research, 8(1), 138-151.
Vieira, V. A., de Almeida, M. I. S., Agnihotri, R., & Arunachalam, S. (2019). In pursuit of an effective B2B digital marketing strategy in an emerging market. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 47(6), 1085-1108.
Wagner III, W. E. (2019). Using IBM® SPSS® statistics for research methods and social science statistics. New York: Sage Publications.
Ward, P. T., Duray, R., Leong, G. K., & Sum, C. C. (1995). Business environment, operations strategy, and performance: an empirical study of Singapore manufacturers. Journal of operations management, 13(2), 99-115.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.